AmiBlitz is distributed with a range of "Include" files in addition to the standard Blitz binary libraries. These includes contain numerous functions that can be integrated into your own source. Each include can be added to your source using the following code:
The XInclude command will only include the given source file if it has not already been included previously. This is important as some include files depend on others and so also contain XInclude statements. Including an include file more than once will most likely cause errors.
The supplied includes generally contain an example of their usage at the end of the code. To see and try this code, simply load the include itself into the editor and compile it.
Inline help is provided in AmiBlitz for all of the Include procedures in the same way as it is provided for the internal Blitz commands - press Help with the cursor on a procedure name and the screen title bar will show you the syntax of the call. Shift+Help opens the AmigaGuide documentation for that procedure.
Note: In earlier versions of AmiBlitz, the includes had the old .bb2 extension. Newer versions have the includes converted to the .ab3 extension.
Some of the more important include files are listed below. Click on the names to get more detailed information on that particular include. Please note that not all functions are described here for the includes; the includes themselves can be loaded into AmiBlitz to read their built-in documentation and see all procedures made available.
- Contains functions for setting up and using the standard ASL requesters, including file, drawer, screenmode and font requesters.
- Contains many dos.library functions used for obtaining information on files, drawers, volumes and so on, and for simple manipulation of filesystem paths, for example adding a filename string to a path string without worrying about trailing slashes, colons etc.
- Contains functions for reading and writing files and other file-related activities.
- Contains functions for reading and writing audio data, including support for different audio file formats, format conversion and streaming from disc.
- Contains functions for loading, saving, manipulating and displaying graphic files in a system-friendly manner.
- Contains functions for handling intuition messages, events etc. in a system-friendly and flexible manner.
- Contains functions for handling and configuring intuition screens.