These are the core commands of Blitz Basic / AmiBlitz, and every program will use at least some of these. If you've ever used any form of BASIC before, they should all be familiar to you; indeed, many of the commands are common across many languages.
- Program Flow
- Commands for controlling the execution of your program.
- Shell Input/Output
- Commands for displaying text and getting text from the user
- Decision Making
- How to do different things based on a comparison
- Repeating parts of your program based on certain conditions
- Numerical Functions
- How to carrying out mathematical functions and dealing with numeric values
- String Handling
- How to handle and manipulate strings of characters